Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sirens soundtrack & Heartbreak

There I was, idly thumping the remote control buttons on a wasted Friday night, when I chanced upon Channel 4's new ambulance drama Sirens. The show is based on ex-ambulance EMT Brian Kellett's excellent blog and has the usual Channel 4 hallmarks of snappy editing (with things speeding up/slowing down at random), a sprinkling of sex & expletives and, of course, a cracking soundtrack.

Last night's episode featured a good chunk of the Warpaint album (no bad thing) plus tunes from Miike Snow, Local Natives and Magnetic Man amongst others. What caught my ear though was the unmistakable strains of Anglo-Argentine electro pop duo Heartbreak's Don't Lose My Time.

I first heard of Heartbreak when the NME Radar Tour stopped off at the Wedge in 2009, they were midway up the bill (with La Roux headlining) but were definitely my highlight of the evening. The twosome delivered a solid set of 80's influenced Italo-pop with an eye-popping amount of energy; so enamoured was I that I immediately bought their album from the merch desk. 


Unfortunately not much has been heard from the Heartbreak camp since, which is a shame, but a hunt through YouTube gleaned the following clips of the band in action:

 


Also tucked away on YouTube was this interview the band gave whilst they were on the NME Radar Tour:



As for Sirens, Brian Kellett has listed the tunes used in the first three episodes on his new blog (and he's knocked up a Spotify playlist for each too, which is nice).

No comments: