Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A fairly pointless thing for Last.FM users to play with...

If, like me, you're a sucker for Last.FM you may be interested in this fairly pointless internet doohickey I stumbled across.

The AEP Calculator works out how diverse your musical tastes are, or not, based on the top 50 artists in your Last.FM overall chart. Utilising some off-screen jiggery-pokery it does some sums and returns a number, usually under 5, equating to how varied your aural choices have been.

Greater than 4 means a very diverse taste in music, greater than 3 means fairly diverse taste in music, and so on. A 0 would most likely mean you listen to one artist obsessively, lower than that, and minus figures are possible, and you're probably faking it.

If you want to check what your AEP (apparently it stands for Anti-Exponential Profile) is then just click here and enter your Last.FM username in the box.
Once your AEP is worked out you can add it to your Last.FM profile, show it off to your friends, that sort of thing.

My AEP is (currently) 3.09, though I think I could boost that it if I listen to more nose flute and Bulgarian hip-hop. Well, it's something to do.

No comments: