Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Gigwatcher 01/06/2006

OK, so the Gigwatcher is a day late. I have a valid excuse though, and it's not one involving dogs eating my homework or being swept into another dimension after a bizarre incident involving a rollercoaster then having to fight evil dragons with only my trusted unicorn for company. If you must know I was in the pub.

Now, I know what you're thinking, "Dave? In the pub? With his reputation for abstinence? Gadzooks!", but it's true. My sojourn in a local hostelry meant I didn't have time to peruse the NME's back pages. Thankfully today my lunchtime has been alcohol-free, thus:

The Fratellis @ Concorde 2, Brighton - 08/06/2006
The Feeling @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Southsea - 29/06/2006 (this has sold out.. no, I couldn't believe it either)
The Heights @ The Joiners, Southampton - 03/07/2006
Vincent Vincent & The Villains @ The Joiners, Southampton - 09/06/2006
The Automatic @ Concorde 2, Brighton - 19/07/2006

Once again there's not much to report; it's fast approaching festival season so the back pages are full of shiny adverts luring people to stand in fields and watch tiny people on a stage*. As per usual though I'll add these onto the Son of Music Club's Events Calendar, along with all the other gigs I stumble across on my forays across the interweb. Recently added to the Calendar are the following:

Brian Houston @ The Cellars, Eastney - 21/06/2006
Brannigan's Law @ The Royal Beach Hotel, Southsea - 08/07/2006
Blue Oyster Cult @ The Brook, Portswood - 19/07/2006 (!)

Brannigan's Law are, of course, the band featuring the SoMC's very own Ant Shue, and are well worth checking out.

Well, that's about it for this week. I made it safely through my regular drivel without going off on one about Peter Crouch's amazing robot dance. Oh. Oops.

Auf wiedersehen..

;o)

* tiny? or far away?

No comments: