Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Gigwatcher 24/05/2006

Another week in rock has passed us by; I'm now closer to forty than I've ever been before and, strange but true, on Friday night a geeky looking American made me do squats.

[tumbleweed]

No, really.

*koff*

Moving swiftly on; once again I've played my dangerous game of reading the NME at lunchtime, though it didn't remind me of the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin:

Zero 7 (with José González & Sia) @ The Guildhall, Southampton - 29/05/2006
Roland Shanks @ The Joiners, Southampton - 02/06/2006
Echo & The Bunnymen @ The Old Market, Brighton - 05/06/2006
The Heights @ The Joiners, Southampton - 03/07/2006
Milburn @ Concorde 2, Brighton - 14/07/2006

As per usual I'll add these onto the Son of Music Club's Events Calendar, along with all the other gigs I stumble across on my forays across the interweb. I have to say though, this week's are all a bit of a trek to get to/from. What we need is a local gig, for local people. To be precise, one that I can walk home from..

Girls Aloud @ Portchester Castle - 26/08/2006 (!!!)

Yes, believe it or not, The Tweedy and her chums are rolling into the village for an evening's entertainment (I wonder if they'll pop in the Seagull for a Light Ale or an Alcopop?). And Status Quo are there the next night, which is nice. More information can be found on the forum.

Ant "Axe-meister" Shue has furnished us with more information on next Tuesday's Brannigan's Law gig at Unit22. Brannigan's Law are second on the card, so they should be on stage around 2100ish. For those travelling by train (i.e. me) there's a free Citylink bus from Southampton Central Station to the venue. Which is nice.

One Weird Fish roll into town again this Friday; they're at The Railway Inn in Gosport, entertaining the masses with a fine selection of choice covers from the 70s/80s/90s, come on down and check them out why don't you.

And that's that. Until the next time...

No comments: