Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Gigwatcher 14/06/2006

Typical.

The air-conditioner has been fixed and I've stocked up on anti-histamines, therefore the summer has decided to 'do a Ronaldo' and not really bother turning up today. Oh well. On the plus side I have my wee bag of yogurt-coated apricots and this week's NME (featuring a 15 track CD) to keep me entertained. A quick check of the famed back pages has yielded the following:

Dead Kid @ Lennons, Southampton - 22/07/2006
Beth Orton @ The Guildhall, Portsmouth - 13/09/2006
Orson @ The Guildhall, Southampton - 27/10/2006

As per usual I'll add these onto the Son of Music Club's Events Calendar where they'll join all the other gigs I stumble across on my forays across the interweb, such as:

Mach Schau @ The Joiners, Southampton - 17/06/2006
Rocco DeLuca @ The Joiners, Southampton - 03/07/2006
Billy Joel @ The Rose Bowl, Southampton - 14/07/2006
Go West @ Ferneham Hall, Fareham - 05/10/2006 (I was tempted by this, out of sheer curiosity you understand, until I found out the tickets were £20)

I've also added in details of the FREE Sunday afternoon gigs at the Bandstand in Southsea this summer. As with previous years the afternoon gigs are themed, each week offering something different to listen to. There's a broad selection of musical tastes catered for, including Indonesian Samba (no, me either), and there's always the added bonus that the sun might come out.

If you wish to peruse the contents of the Events Calendar for more information on the Bandstand gigs then just point your browser to the forum and log in (there's bound to be something in there that tickles your fancy).

Well, that's it for this week.. remember, if you see a punk rocker with flowers in their hair be sure to laugh and point..

;o)

No comments: