Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Gigwatcher 03/05/2006

Don't you just love Bank Holidays? They make the week just that wee bit shorter. Anyway, I've spent my lunch break perusing the back pages of the NME and have the following gigs of note to report:

Protokoll & Veto Silver @ The Joiners, Southampton - 18/05/2006
Semifinalists @ Pressure Point, Brighton - 06/06/2006
Billy Talent @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth - 11/07/2006
The Cult @ Southampton Guildhall, Southampton - 19/09/2006 (yeah baby!)

These will be added into the Son of Music Club's Events Calendar, umm, eventually. I know I keep harping on about it but the Events Calendar is continually updated to include any up and coming gigs, at a variety of local venues, that I happen to stumble across on the interweb. It's a handy resource for the local gig monkey, you just need to be registered on the forum to interrogate it.

As for the forum, the Official England World Cup song poll continues and there's a free CD with this month's Q which is worth a look.

And that about wraps it up for this week. Remember kids, I read the NME so you don't have to.. though it's worth getting this week if only for the comment on the Letters page from the Ed which says people should ignore Pete Doherty and his drug-fuelled antics. I've been trying to do that for ages.. but they keep putting him in the bally paper!


[bud-dum-dum tish!]


I'll get me coat...
 

No comments: