Saturday, September 29, 2018

Talking Violet - Sparjammer 67

To be honest, before I looked it up on Wikipedia, all I knew about Windsor, Ontario is that it sits across the river from Detroit, Michigan (which is useful knowledge for a pub quiz tie-breaker). However, I now know that it's Canada's automotive capital, it's twinned with Coventry and it is the birthplace of both noted actor Oliver Platt and Pop/C&W singer Shania Twain. And what, you may wonder, has this got to do with anything? Well, Windsor is also home to shoegazey wonders Talking Violet.

The Canadian four piece released their Round Dreams EP earlier this year, a five track collection of dreamy delights that features the tune below, Sparjammer 67, 4 and a half gorgeous minutes of jangly guitars, driven drums and ethereal vocals. Lovely. And yes, I am such a nerd that the stroboscopic elements of the video reminded me of Norman McLaren's Pas de Deux. No, really.


No comments: