Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Gigwatcher 11/10/2006

Aftnoon all..

I've just had a very nice and relaxing weekend in sunny Krakow (and I'm not being sarcastic, it really was sunny and it really was nice and relaxing) so I'm nicely recharged; I'd say it was good to be back but I'd be lying. In Poland the beer is cheap, the weather is good and their version of Deal Or No Deal features a whole bunch of lovely Polish ladies (a vast improvement over Noel Edmonds I'm sure you'll agree), I could quite happily have stayed there but other than knowing how to ask for three beers my Polish is near non-existent.

*koff*

And so back to reality (or as near as I'm likely to come to it) I must return; I've pored over the back pages of this week's fun-packed NME to bring you the following local gigs for local people:

Tiny Dancers @ Concorde 2, Brighton - 11/10/2006
The Southern Electrics & The Rise @ The Pressure Point, Brighton - 11/10/2006
Switches @ The Joiners, Southampton - 14/11/2006
The Hours @ The Joiners, Southampton - 18/10/2006
Milburn @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth - 23/10/2006
My Alamo @ The Joiners, Southampton - 25/10/2006
Good Books @ The Pressure Point, Brighton - 28/10/2006
Badly Drawn Boy @ The Pyramids, Southsea - 04/11/2006
Gossip @ Concorde 2, Brighton - 05/11/2006
Midlake @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth - 09/11/2006
Art Brut @ Concorde 2, Brighton - 17/11/2006
Rodrigo y Gabriela @ The Dome, Brighton - 27/11/2006
Captain @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth - 04/12/2006
My Chemical Romance @ The Brighton Centre, Brighton - 21/03/2007

I'll add those onto the SoMC Events Calendar just as soon as I get a spare five minutes.

Once in place they'll join all the other gigs I find out about in my wanderings across the interweb. As stated before, you need to be registered on the SoMC forum in order to interrogate the Events Calendar; if you're not registered then, well, you can't (them's the breaks I'm afraid). You'll also be able to make postings on the forum as well (g'won, go nuts and post something). Moving swiftly on, here's a selection of local gigs up and coming:

Dead Men Walking @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth - TONIGHT!
Catfish Keith @ The Ashcroft Arts Centre, Fareham - 14/10/2006
De La Soul @ The Guildhall, Southampton - 25/10/2006
King Creosote @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth - 25/10/2006
WASP @ The Brook, Southampton - 31/10/2006
NME Rock'n'Roll Riot Tour @ The Guildhall, Portsmouth - 08/11/2006 (rescheduled from the Pyramids on 11/10/2006)
Seth Lakeman @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth - 13/12/2006

Also, to rain on Mr Yemm's parade somewhat, the Hundred Reasons gig at Southampton University has been cancelled. To bring some sunshine back into his life, they're playing at the Wedgewood Rooms early next year.

As mentioned last week, the charitable efforts of one of the Moustacheers continues. Young Brett, or Bunty as he prefers to be known, will be taking part in the forthcoming Great South Run in order to raise money for the Meningitis Research Foundation. If you would like to make a donation to this very worthy cause, you can do so online here.

And that's about it for this week; put a fork in my pierogi, they're done!

;o)

No comments: