Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Gigwatcher 05/07/2006

It's my fault it's raining.

No really, it is. Yesterday I braved the sunshine and attacked the long grass that makes up my front lawn, thus making the tigers homeless and depriving Andy of his longed-for "Little House On The Prairie" moment. I must have antagonised the Weather Gods somehow by brandishing the Strimmer in a "Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart" way, hence the downpour. Serves me right for trying to make a pseudo-crop circle that spelled a very rude word I suppose.. ahem.. anyway, enough of my Titchmarsh antics, here's what I found in the back pages of this week's NME:

Cat The Dog @ Lennon's, Southampton - 08/07/2006
The Organ @ The Joiners, Southampton - 19/07/2006
Captain @ The Joiners, Southampton - 16/08/2006 (saw these support Delays awhile back, pretty good they were too)
Jurassic 5 @ The Guildhall, Southampton - 28/09/2006
The Rapture @ Concorde 2, Brighton - 09/10/2006
The Paddingtons @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth - 02/11/2006

I'll add the above onto the Son of Music Club's Events Calendar where they'll join the other gigs I happen to trip over on my forays across the interweb, for example:

Hudson10 @ Chicago Rock Cafe, Fareham - 09/07/2006
Finger Monster @ The Joiners, Southampton - 11/07/2006 (supported by the rather good Brannigan's Law)
UK Subs @ Talking Heads, Southampton - 22/07/2006
Nick Olivieri & his Mondo Generator @ The Brook, Southampton - 05/09/2006
Los Pacaminos @ The Cellars At Eastney, Portsmouth - 06/09/2006
Sherman Robertson & Blues Move @ The Cellars At Eastney, Portsmouth - 13/09/2006
Bic Runga @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth - 17/09/2006 (one just for Brett)

In addition to this don't forget the South Coast Five charity event in aid of Cancer Research UK this Saturday. There are 5 bands on the bill, including Brannigan's Law (which features Ant Shue on rhythm guitar and backing vocals) and the action takes place at the Royal Beach Hotel in Southsea.

This weekend also sees the return of Dead Jack to the stage; they're gigging at The Wedgewood Rooms this coming Sunday and I'll add details into the Events Calendar just as soon as I get the chance.

As I've said before, if you want to peruse the invaluable repository of local gigness that is the Events Calendar for more information any of the gigs mentioned, just point your browser at the forum and log in (there's bound to be something in there that tickles your fancy, or the fancy of someone you know).

The forum has been a bit quiet of late though I bung something up about The Who gig that Andy, Stu, Chris and I caught on Monday (rocktastic it was too).

Well, that's about it for this week.. I made it all the way through without mentioning Wayne Rooney.. oh pants..

No comments: