Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Gigwatcher 26/04/2006

And so Wednesday rolls around again; it's the pivot of the week, one nudge it's all downhill from here on the uppy-downy rollercoaster of life. So, as we hurtle toward the weekend (and Brett's stag do, wahey!) here's what the NME (featuring the Artic Monkeys on the front.. again!) has listed in its back pages this week..

Towers Of London @ Great Escape @ The Opera House, Bournemouth - 27/04/2006
The Longcut @ The Joiners, Southampton - 10/05/2006
The Rifles @ The Joiners, Southampton - 15/05/2006
The Like @ The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth - 17/05/2006
Mohair @ Great Escape @ The Albert, Brighton - 19/05/2006
Mohair @ The Old Fire Station, Bournemouth - 27/05/2006
Martha Wainwright @ Gardener Centre, Brighton - 02/06/2006
The Young Knives @ Audio, Brighton - 12/06/2006
We Are Scientists @ The Guildhall, Southampton - 07/11/2006

I'll add the above onto the Son of Music Club's Events Calendar just as soon as I get five minutes. I've said it before I know but the Events Calendar is continually updated to include any up and coming gigs, at a variety of local venues, that I happen to stumble across on the interweb (such as the Coldplay tribute act at The Brook on May 5th.. I know, I couldn't believe it either). In order to interrogate the calendar you will need to be registered on the forum (it's free); once registered you can also post comments on the forum generally (if you want to that is).

In other news, the line-up for this Sunday's FREE Access Festival in Mayflower Park (yes, Southampton) has been announced (if I wasn't going to see The Datsuns on Sunday I'd be there). There's also a poll regarding the Official England World Cup song posted on the forum. Quite.

Anyway, that's it for now.. until the next time, keep watching the skis.. I mean, skies.. ahem..

No comments: